Make your reservation here!
Feel at home with tradition and modernity
The Bucher-Pedrazzetti family warmly welcomes you to the Hotel Du Commerce, in the best city location, directly opposite the Basel exhibition centre. As a traditional and modern business and tourist hotel, we offer 63 rooms, 3 suites and 27 apartments. Our accommodation is modern and comfortable for you to enjoy a relaxing stay with us and is centrally located at the front of the hotel or in the quiet courtyard. Our hotel also offers four state-of-the-art business and meeting points and delicious culinary delights. As responsible hoteliers, we feel committed to sustainability, and 99% of our energy consumption is certified CO₂-neutral.
„Our satisfied guests appreciate the friendly, personal and homely atmosphere!“
Culinary delights aren’t in short supply here
Our wonderfully rich and healthy breakfast buffet is well known and popular far beyond Basel’s borders. Let us spoil you with coffee and cake in our daytime café, enjoy the grilled specialties on request at our ‘Rôtisserie Duc’ restaurant or end a long day in Basel with a good glass of wine at our ‘Pur’ wine lounge.
Business meetings, training courses, seminars & workshops
In our hotel you will also find ultra-modern and highly equipped business and meeting points with air conditioning and all the amenities you need. From the large screen to the projector – we have exactly what a successful and productive business meeting needs.
Traditional with a modern twist
Hotel du Commerce – keeping up with the times
The hotel was built in 1953 and founded by Werner Weibel. We have been dedicated to the hospitality and well-being of our valued guests for almost 70 years. But what would be tradition without modernisation? Over the past 20 years, we have invested a lot of time and effort renovating and further developing our hotel so that we can offer you an unforgettable and pleasant stay in our modern and comfortable hotel.
After managing the fortunes of the Hotel Du Commerce for 50 years, in 2003, founder Werner Weibel decided it was time to hand over the keys to a new generation. Since then, Werner’s great-niece Raffaella Pedrazzetti-Bucher and her husband Patrik Bucher have continued the family tradition with passion and commitment, and it continues to grow today!
Sustainability in our hotel
99% of our energy consumption is certified CO₂-neutral!
50% of the electricity requirement is covered by hydroelectric power and 49% of the heating by district heating. The two energy sources are responsible for 0 kg of CO2-/kWh. This means we only cover 1% of our total energy consumption from fossil fuels. For this purpose, we purchase bio natural gas, which means that we consume just 75g CO2/kWh for each overnight stay.
Our healthy, organic and locally-sourced breakfast is the best way to start your day. Every day from 6:30am to 10:00am, we offer you international and local dishes from the region, which are of the best possible quality!
Traditional with a modern twist
Your modern hotel with tradition
- New concept – working with One11
- Completely renovated the patio rooms into ten convertible rooms and modern equipped workspaces
- Upgraded the room types and renovated the premises
- Fully renovated the two-bedroom business suite, two-bedroom suite with courtyard view and the quiet two-bedroom suite with spacious bathrooms
- Renovated bathrooms in 24 rooms (economy queen double)
- Redesigned the premium rooms and fully renovated the bathrooms
Converted the former ‘Hong Kong’ restaurant into nine new rooms
- Renovated the breakfast room on the ground floor
- Opened the ‘Rôtisserie Duc’ restaurant
- Opened the ‘Pur’ wine lounge
- Completely renovated our business and grand rooms equipped with air conditioning, and flat screens
- Connected to high-speed Internet
- Change of generation – Hand overed the hotel to husband and wife Raffaella Pedrazzetti-Bucher and Patrik Bucher
Second renovation phase
- Modernised the courtyard rooms on the fifth floor
First renovation phase
- Opened the new “Patio” building in the courtyard, whose rooms were each equipped with air conditioning
- Renovated the hotel lobby, all floors and the breakfast room
- Commissioned the hotel’s underground car park
The hotel was founded
- The Hotel du Commerce was built right by the Basel exhibition centre